Tuesday, June 8

Lesson Plan

My first day at Yuan Lin school was yesterday, after spending last week covering in Changhua school. I went into my second lesson, teaching "some", "an" and "a" etc... The teaching assistant turned to me and said, "Teacher, you're doing the wrong Unit in the book!" Shit. My lesson plan took ages and I had no games for the other language. So I fucked that up a bit. Quite funny for the other teachers.

I now have a place to live, the 2nd floor in a house rented by an ex-shane teacher. It's a large room and bathroom on the same floor. Kitchen (which smells of cat piss) and lounge area too. Plus a roof top over looking the canal and rice field, with a hammock. Costing about 65 pounds a month, which is very useful as I have no money!

Yuan Lin is growing on me and I've been travelling all over the place at weekends with the other teachers. Taichung, Changhua, Taipei and new places around Yuan Lin. Soon I hope to start some hiking up the mountains and maybe do some kung foo.

The teaching has been quite hectic, the learning curve is steep but I'm getting better at planning my lessons now.

It's about 33 degrees here, I'm always looking for a cool place to sit and rest! The aircon is my saving grace.

1 Comments:

At 11:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Message from the Coyle clan at Bagshot, glad to hear all OK, not sure about the smelly kitchen though!! When you get a chance ring home, so we can have a chat and catch up on some news.... Sent some Emails recently, so hope you have managed to get them - let me know.

Take care, keep safe and well. Speak soon xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

people have visited this site since Sept 2004