Sunday, October 1

Good Books, Shit Books

Two of the best books I've recently read:

  1. The Bonesetter's Daughter - by Amy Tang (Emotional book about Chinese and American culture and mother/daughter relationships, beautifully written)

  2. The Perfect Execution - by Tim Binding (Set in post-war England, a fantastic perspective of a man and his job as public executioner)


Two of the shittest books I've read:

  1. R is for Ricochet - by Sue Grafton (This terrible pile of poo was so bad in parts it became comical)

  2. Blood Hunt - by Ian Rankin (SAS bloke with 'man issues' fights the baddies, the baddies die and you're left wondering how you just wasted so much of your time)


Now I'm reading Catch 22, again, and I think it's a great synical look on war. An average man trying to stay alive.

MC

1 Comments:

At 12:08 pm, Blogger SJeanneM said...

I just read R is for Ricochet also and I did not find it enjoyable at all either. I think that the writing is terrible. The book that I am currently reading is quite good though. It is Wild Grass by Ian Johnson. It is examining the current economic and political changes in China and the effect the changes have had on 3 specific villages outlined in the book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

people have visited this site since Sept 2004