Thursday, May 26

Sunburn in Dili

Last weekend my flatmate and I went on a little trip to Dili, central Taiwan, where we camped in an idyllic area overlooked by mountains. The air is clean and the only sounds are those that nature provides.... and my occasional stinky man fart.

This was our last chance to go camping and Kate's first, before we go home for a holiday. I'm leaving Taiwan for a month at the begining of June. Very excited.

Kate trying to look like a ghetto homey with her new cap.



Without this bridge we'd get sooo wet!



Who's that stupid git in front of the camera?



The wooden bird gets stuck on an old tree stump.



Trying to show the mountain with tree in the foreground.



When Kate stops taking her medication all hell's let loose.....



Hand-crafted swings



This lizard was humping for ages, that or it was trying to stay warm.



If you've just eaten then I apologise.



This isn't what it looks like, it is in fact a lady's thingy in the shape of a mouth!



A proud moment in my short and generally mediocre photograhic career. This beauty was sitting on a tree with lots of his friends.



The hosts' modest, but perfect home.



The sun is coming through the leaves.



This guy knows how to make a mean BBQ.



Serious heat.



But the heat and the change in season brought with it one humungous poisonous snake. We discovered that if we had been bitten the chances of getting somewhere fast were slim as it's 55 mins to the nearest town.

However the boss covered the wall in chalk and searched for it, nothing surfaced so he was sure it had slipped away.
If fact he had seen one of these slide over him while he was in bed.



Just flexing my pose!



B&W me.



Write a comment on the latern and make a wish.



MC

2 Comments:

At 4:28 pm, Blogger Martin Coyle said...

I've had a little goatee for nearly two weeks now. It's fine but I'm worried it looks like bumfluff!

My toes are very skanky and have a long time to heal!

MC

 
At 3:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just came across your site and I like your pictures. Your friend Kate looks cool - is that her woman's thingy you took a picture of? It's very nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

people have visited this site since Sept 2004