Tuesday, October 25

Pin Cushion Martin - Acupuncture For a Bad Back

One weekend I'm doing the manly thing, mopping the floor. Then with out warning my back is in spasm and I'm kneeling on the floor. Oh buggery bugger.

So the good news is I get to visit a well respected Chinese doctor who does acupuncture. First he finds the right spot, normally on my hand. Then he jabs the needle in and twists it down until I twitch & yelp. Then I do the exercises and I'm feeling so much better. It's uncomfortable at first and it hurts as the needle sits in my hand but I'd do it again.

Along side the acupuncture came the bitter herbal oral medicine and hot herbal patches stuck on my back which smelt of aniseed. Now I'm fixed. Time to drill some holes and put the blind up in our bedroom.

Choose the medicine, from dried leeches to berries.


Looking daft doing my bending exercises with needles in my hands.


Oooh you bugger!


My fingers are twitching.


Oh the pain Kate, I really need breakfast in bed.


Cute dog, Harry.


Harry gets ready to unleash a doggy fart from hell.



Not the back of my knees.


OK, lets get them in the back of my kees too.


Don't move.


This I didn't expect.


Oh good, out they come. After 7 days of this I'm restored to working order.


MC

2 Comments:

At 2:35 am, Blogger The TEFL Tradesman said...

Like the blog, MArtin - especially the photos. Not too sure about the needles though .... make me shiver, they do!

I've added you to my blog roll, by the way. Hope you don't mind!?

Sandy

http://tefltrade.blog-city.com

 
At 11:30 pm, Blogger Martin Coyle said...

No problem Sandy. Freedom of speech and all that but you do realise I'm a TEFL teacher?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

people have visited this site since Sept 2004